Blog feedback and Learner Response





WWW: Your blog reflects the excellent start you’ve made in Media – well done! I’m impressed that you’re writing in some depth from the very first blog task this year – that’s a brilliant sign and suggests you’ve got the right attitude and should definitely be aiming for those top grades. I’m particularly impressed with the Skyscraper film poster analysis – the fact you’re already using media language such as ‘sans-serif’ font is an extremely good sign (I imagine you’ve been speaking to other Media students to help you here but that’s not a bad thing!) Along similar lines, your points on representation in the Skyscraper poster are accurate with regards to masculinity in action films and this is absolutely brilliant in the first few weeks of Media!

EBI: One key aspect to work on – written English. You need to make sure the basics are right in every blogpost and you are using capital letters correctly. Similarly, for the text accompanying the fruit bowl do you mean ‘palette’ rather than ‘pastel’? I don’t think a vibrant pastel makes sense! This attention to detail will be important to reach the top grades.  

Other than the written English, it’s difficult to find fault after such an excellent start. However, if we want to reach a 7+ grade we will need to build media terminology and a depth of analysis into our written work that really explores the text from a variety of angles. The key is to write ‘a lot about a little’ – pick just one or two aspects out, use the correct media terminology (e.g. the mise-en-scene elements we’ve learned this week) and then really explore the different possible meanings an audience might take from it.

LR: Reflect on your first month of Media. What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course? How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis?

1.What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far?
    I feel like my strongest piece of work so far is the "Skyscraper Film Poster Analysis ". This is because I spent a lot of time since it was our first real homework, and I was able to use stuff I learned from watching my brother write up his media blogs when I would wait for him to finish doing his homework so I can play my game.

2. What is your weakest?

In my opinion my weakest piece of work so far is the Denotation and Connotation homework.This is because I feel like I rushed the work therefore I didn't put as much effort as I did for the "Skyscraper Film Poster Analysis."

3.What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

I think I need to develop my grammar skills and use higher level language.

4.How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis?

I think I should try to analyse the small stuff and write in more detail about the stuff I do analyse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skyscraper(2018) Film Poster Analysis

Videogames case study 1 : Lara Croft Go